1. Read Jesus and the Aubergines and answer the questions there.
3. Read Ramesses II and develop the quiz Ramesses II
4. Read The great wall of China and answer the questions
1. Read the story The Broken Mirror, The Black Cat, and Lots of Good Luck, develop task1 and task2 and write a summary using simple past tense
2. Read the piece of news Fire Kills Two Young Girls and write a similar piece of news you read on a local newspaper some days ago.
3. Read the first chapter of “The Canterville Ghost” and write a summary using THE PAST SIMPLE and PAST CONTINUOUS
1. Listen the dialogue Family activities and answer the questions there.
2. Listen to the dialogue Talking about the past and answer the questions
3. Watch and listen to the video “Describing Past Activities” and complete the answers of the four people interviewed by the journalist (Scott Mason) in the street.
Journalist (Scott Mason): Jackie it seems that everybody in town is taking about the blackout last night. Everyone has a story to tell.
Journalist (Scott Mason): What were you doing last night when the light went out?
First man: I__________________________ and my wife __________________________
Second woman: I___________________________on the laundry mach___________and suddenly everything got dark
Third woman: My husband and I________________________and our children
Journalist (Scott Mason): And what were you doing last night when the light went out? Excuse me !
Fourth man: Yeah
Journalist (Scott Mason): And what were you doing last night when the light went out?
Fourth man: The light went out last night?
Journalist (Scott Mason): Yes, the light went out all over the town
Fourth man: How about that? I don’t even know, I __________________all night.
Journalist (Scott Mason): You _________________to music, but there____________________electricity
Fourth man: batteries!